Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thanksgiving

We treat this blog like a family journal. And there's one thing about me and journals....if I fall behind, I just stop writing in them. I become overwhelmed with how much ground I need to cover to get caught up on everything and end up putting things off indefinitely. To give you an idea, I wrote haven't written in my personal journal since I found out I was pregnant with Chloe. Plus, I have never kept a journal for more than a couple of years, so I have bits and pieces of journals all over the place.

I'm going to try to not let that happen with our family blog, but so much has happened in the last few months, that each subject will probably only get cursory coverage. It'll also take me several catch-up posts. I know most people that are interested in our family probably already know most of what we've been up to, but like I said, this is a keepsake for us as much as anything.

Our last post was about Jer-bear's 2nd birthday, so the next big adventure was Thanksgiving in Virginia with my dad and company. Soon after we got there, Grandmama Cara threw him an awesome Toy Story themed birthday party.

Chloe was still in her body cast, which made her very cumbersome to hold, but she still got lots of lovin' especially from Mama Cara. She loves to spoil her grandbabies, who were privileged with an early morning cuddle.

Jer and Ryan in dad's ginormous (I'm pretty sure that's actually a word now) hot tub.

Jer and Lex on the train at the mall

Like her Auntie Lexi, Chloe's hair has a tendency to grow in a mohawk. I finally cut it off, much to her dismay.


Jeremy loves dad's train set and was even allowed to play conductor.


We had a great Thanksgiving meal. It was very low-key, and all the food went smoothly. It was so good to see everybody, but we are bummed that it'll be so long before we get to see them again. We've invited them out to visit us, so maybe we'll see them next summer! We're trying to entice them with Magic Mountain...

No comments: