Nana and Papa LOVE their grandbabies, and my babies loved meeting their cousin Jordynn for the first time (Chris's daughter Jessie's little girl). Don't they make a pretty family?
Jer was a great gingerbread house making assistant. I don't think he snuck a single piece of candy.
Jeremy really enjoys Nana and Papa's little farm, and some of his funnest times were playing outside (followed by an equally un-fun fit at having to come inside for naptime).
Horsey teeter totter
Train viewing station
Ryan flew in on the 23rd after 10 LONG days away from his family. He missed us a ton, but he was super productive at the house while we were gone. He painted his office, fixed numerous things around the house, hung pictures, etc. He said it made it less lonely when he knew that he was spending his time working on the house for us. I drove up to Nashville to pick him up from the airport while Nana babysat, and I surprised him by meeting him inside instead of picking him up at the curb. I was giddy happy when I saw him walking down the terminal.
We stayed with my mom while she was off work, but when she was at work, we stayed at Oma and Opa's house. Chloe slept in our closet on blankets and Jeremy slept in Oma's closet in a pack-n-play (which he's seriously too long for). The kids were good sports about it all, and Jeremy didn't even keep Oma up much at night (she's a light sleeper, so we were really worried about him disturbing her).
As per tradition, we spent Christmas Eve at Oma and Opa's. Daddy, Lynn, Jenny, Vicki, their hubbies, Lindzey, and Adam were also there. It was awesomely chaotic. Chloe got passed around like a little toy doll. She really is the perfect accessory.
The best part of all was that my step-sis Vicki announced that she is PREGNANT!!! Yey, more cousins! Lynn was ecstatic; she was literally shaking with joy. Vicki looked beautiful, and I am so happy for her!
Ryan and I decided to exchange our gifts with each other and the kids on Christmas morning. We decided that since we had just bought our first home we would just give each other fun stocking stuffers. Ryan's stocking included a new black belt (his current one was about a decade old), fun squishy bowls for camping, two new ties, and candy - you know, stocking stuff. He had gotten me some fun eye shades, an awesome spoon ring, and at the bottom, a card with a picture of THIS inside:
Yes, that is an awesome new (well, new to me) piano IN MY HOUSE!!!! He'd been looking at pianos the whole time I was gone and even got it delivered. His card said, "I tried to fit this in your stocking, but it wouldn't fit." This is the expression on my face when I saw it (yes, I blubbered like a baby).
Naughty boy for breaking our gift rules, but I guess I'll forgive him! ;-)
We got Jeremy his first backpack, which can hold a little water bladder. He's already used it on a hike and loves that he can sip water whenever he wants. (details in a later post)
We got Chloe clothes; the future fashionista in her was thrilled. Oma and Opa got Jeremy an awesome suit. He is such a little man!
Christmas Day it snowed!!! We think it was our first white Christmas ever, and we had to go to Alabama to get it. Ryan and Jer made a snowman, while we girls watched them from inside!
The day after Christmas we braved the super slick roads to head to church. It took us forever to get there; roads were blocked and we had to zig and zag to find our way there. When we finally got there, CHURCH WAS CANCELED!! Agh!! They never closed church for snow in Colorado. 2 Feet? No problem! But 6 inches in Huntsville, and the whole city shuts down. They had called the members that attend church there, but we obviously wouldn't be on their lists, so we didn't know services had been canceled for the week.
Ce la vie! We headed up to mom's then to have Christmas with her, Chris, and his kids. John was sick and couldn't come, but Jessie, her husband, and baby Jordynn were able to make the trek up. My uncle Drew, his girlfriend Maurita, and my only first cousin on my mom's side Kirk came, too. I hadn't seen them in forever, so it was great to see them! It was a loud, chaotic, awesome Christmas, and we were all so happy.
Chloe had been out of her cast for a couple of weeks at this point, and she choose this day to relearn how to sit up. She'd just been a slumpy pile the day before, and Sunday - poof! - she was now a sitter. She sat between my legs for hours while we opened presents and was a perfect angel the whole time.
my awesome Auburn blanket
I threw a box at Jeremy to get his attention, and he threw it right back at me.
Chloe waiting for bathtime (Rye put the hat on her head to keep her from getting cold).
Santa's helper
Chloe's Christmas outfit
Nana and Chloe
Jeremy four-wheeling
We flew home on the 30th, and Jeremy got sick on the plane (there had been a stomach bug going around in AL). Poor baby threw up four times during the flight. He was so weak; it was heart-breaking. I'm so glad he didn't do that on the flight out b/c I don't know how I would've been able to handle sick Jer and Chloe at the same time.
It was an amazing trip. We made lots of great memories, and we love our family so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment