Thursday, February 10, 2011

Big Baldy Snowshoe

In the middle of January, we went to see Ryan's parents in Visalia. It's so nice that they are nearby. Zonda even watched the kids for us on Saturday, so that Ryan and I could go snowshoeing to Big Baldy in Kings Canyon National Park.

It was the most beautiful day! The weather was beyond perfect, so warm and sunny that most of the hike we were in several feet of snow without our jackets on. We had the most amazing time. It really is a completely different experience to hike without kids.



(even steeper than it looks)



Check out this view:


Snack break at the top:




So on the way down I was a ways ahead of Ryan. He yelled at me to wait up, and his voice actually set off a small avalanche. He tried to take a picture of it, but you can't really tell.


We had to leave Visalia early on Sunday morning to get back for our church meetings. I was giving a talk in Sacrament meeting and teaching my Primary class, who are all super cute but probably the most energetic kids in the universe. Teaching that class is basically like trying to keep six Jeremys sitting still and quiet for an hour. Exhausting, that's what I call it, but so worth it. It's so neat to be able to teach them gospel concepts and truths and see them understand, to feel the Spirit and know they are, too. And just as I suspected it would, it's made it easier for me to lead and participate in FHE. Whoop, whoop for church callings!

No comments: