We just had a storm pass through and dump 2 feet of snow on us. That's my car in the middle. Good thing I got my wipers up, eh? It looks like gone are the days of pleasant hikes in t-shirts and shorts.
Luckily, we had a couple of nice weekends in October that we took full advantage of. Two weeks ago we did a long hike in Rocky Mountain National Park with perfect weather. At 10 miles it was Jeremy's longest to date.
I was so exited to get one last fishing trip in before the lakes freeze. But despite the sunny day, we still arrived to find Ouzel Lake mostly frozen.
Of course I fished the shallows anyway
and Jeremy had a good time feeding mommy her lunch.
I wasn't too bummed about the fishing because I had gone on the CU fly fishing club fall break trip the weekend before. We fished from drift boats on the Gunnison River and went after salmon on the East River during their annual run.
In all I caught 20-30 salmon and 10+ brown trout. I counted over 26 hours of fishing time over two days, and nights. That's right, we even went out at night for big trout below the dam. It's the only way to fool the monster size trout that live there. Mine was "only" 20 inches or so but most were 25" and football shaped.
Last weekend we went back to Rocky Mountain and did an easier, lower elevation hike to Gem Lake. The sun was out but it was windy. Like 50 mph gusts. We even had some snowflakes fall from a blue sky. That's why Jer had the rain fly on.
The lake was really more of a pond, but it did have some interesting rock formations.
After our hike we headed in to Estes Park for lunch
and some dessert.
Is he a Woolley boy or what?
I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but Jeremy gets more fun and adorable every day. He walks for 20-30 foot stretches and around obstacles. He just hasn't learned how to stand back up in the middle of the room yet.
We'll try to get some video up soon.
For Halloween this weekend our little monkey is going to be, you guessed it, a monkey.
Absolutely hilarious. To see the rest of his costume and other cute pictures make sure you check out our family pictures at picasaweb.
Ok, one last picture. Jer eating ribs at Chili's:
1 comment:
That monkey costume is adorable!
Post a Comment