On my birthday, Ryan surprised me with cake and ice cream at work. They had one of the admin ladies ask me to come to her office b/c there was a
problem with my timecard, which was totally believable b/c there's always a problem with my timecard. She distracted me while people went to the patio to set up, and then she said we were going to ask such-and-such down the hall for help. Well, that just happened to lead us by the patio. I was so surprised. So much fun! They even sang Happy Birthday.That night Ryan and I went to eat Indian and then went to Target to use my birthday money to buy baby stuff. Maybe that sounds dull to you, but it was EXACTLY what I wanted. That Saturday we went to Universal Studios Citywalk and watched The Dark Knight in an IMAX theater. Afterwards, we ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp (again with the food, I know, I know). Ryan made my birthday last ALL week! :-)
I see Ryan did a nice job summarizing our backpacking trips, so I'll be glad to elaborate on our little bun in the oven. As Ryan said, we are having a son, and he's due November 13th! So far,
we're leaning towards Jeremy Ryan Woolley. I'm 25 weeks and have quite the belly. I kind of like it! He kicks constantly, and it feels really weird. He's most active at 11 pm... a night-owl, just like his parents. He's in perfect health, so far as we can tell, and I'm feeling pretty decent myself. I am still able to ride my bike to work (~8 miles/day), and I think that I'll be able to do so until we move back to Colorado next month.I was in my first earthquake today. I have to say, I'm not a fan. I was in a huge building, and the whole thing just rolled and swayed. Super creepy. It was a 5.4 magnitude quake, and the epicenter was ~20 miles from us. My co-workers said they've been in several earthquakes, and none of them were ever able to move our building. There wasn't much damage to JPL, and last I heard, the news said there were no major injuries in LA. I have no idea how there weren't traffic accidents b/c of the quake, but I'm glad. I wish I could've seen the kitty during it; I bet he was freaked out! Needless to say, Mom's glad we're moving back to Colorado in a month.
Well, that'll about do it for my first post. Ryan leaves tomorrow to go backpacking with the boys in his family, so I'm sure he'll have something to write about when he gets back. Ooo, I'm going to Disneyland on Saturday; I'm assured that there are plenty of fun things for even a pregnant lady to do!
1 comment:
Ooh, I'm so glad you posted and that your birthday was a raging success!
Post a Comment