Saturday, July 16, 2011

Castaic Lake Fishing & Pioneer Trek

My best girlfriend back in Alabama is named Megan. Her husband is Josh. Here in California I've made another good girlfriend. Her name is Megan. Guess what her husband's name is? That's right, Josh! I guess I just get along with Megans and Joshs.

Anyways, Josh loves to fish just like Rye, so they rented a boat and went fishing on Castaic Lake. It's bass fishing, which Ryan isn't very familiar with, but he's been wanting to learn. There isn't trout fishing down South (as far as I know) b/c it's too hot, but there's a ton of bass fishing. I think he'd like to go some time while we're down there visiting.

Josh is a California Highway Patrolman. Isn't that just the face of a cop? I'd be scared if he pulled me over!

That's less scary!

I'm so used to the little trout we catch up in high mountain lakes, where 12 inches is a big one, so these guys looked like monsters to me! I think they were mostly around 22 inches.




Aw, look at my fisherman!

Every year the youth in our Church take a 3 day 'Trek' to remind them of what the Mormon Pioneers went through when traveling across the plains to the Salt Lake Valley. They wear pioneer clothes and pull hand carts along rocky paths. Towards the end of the Mormon trek, Mormon pioneers near collapse were assisted by angels on their journey. Ryan was asked to play an 'angel' and to help the kids pull the hand carts up and over the last hill. Here are just a couple of pictures of that last day.

No comments: