Jeremy refuses to nap in his room. Instead, he continues to want to nap in a too short pack-n-play in the man cave. It always makes me feel bad b/c he's older and that man cave is exactly like a sensory deprivation chamber - completely dark, completely quiet, and freezing. But he throws a fit if I try to take him upstairs to his warm, comfy bedroom, which admittedly is not his preferred black as ink. I think he's just in that stage where he likes things exactly the same and change is to be resisted at all costs. For example, EVERY nap or bedtime must be preceded by books and songs. The last two songs MUST be Wheels on the Bus and then You are My Sunshine.
Fine. Nap in the man cave. At least you won't be keeping your sister from napping.
Plus, he doesn't nap as long as he used to, so when I turn on the baby monitor to see if he's awake, I often hear him jabbering away to himself. Today's musings were pretty funny. Figured I'd document them for Ryan to get a laugh out of, if nothing else.
Jeremy talking in the man cave:
"I did NOT poop. I toot, not poot. I toot a loooot."
"I put together letters to make words."
"I give a big, big kiss to the piano."
"I'm so glad when Jeremy comes home. I clap my hands and give Jeremy a big kiss."
"I'm so glad when Mama comes home. I clap my hands and give her what? A great big kiss. Mwaa!" - inserting smacking sound
"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home. I clap my hands and give him what? A great big kiss. Mwaa!"
"Thank you for what? A great big kiss."
"Now what song to sing?"
He was apparently trying out variations of the children's song I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home".
When I got him up, he said, "I sing the piano song, then the mama song, then the daddy song."
Good job, Jer.
No comments:
Post a Comment