Thursday, July 15, 2010

Californiacation!

Yesterday, my family and I arrived in our new home state of California! After a 14 1/2 hour drive, a short 9 hour recharge at sis-in-law Jean's in Las Vegas, and then another 5 hour drive, we arrived in a sweltering Santa Clarita Valley (I think we passed a bank today that said it was 110 degrees!). We already miss Colorado, but we are so excited about this new chapter in our lives! We are living with friends in Stevenson Ranch while we look for a house (and mostly, wait to hear back on the short sale we bid on). We don't want to jinx it, but I just can't help myself, so here is a picture of the house we're hoping to get.

Ryan starts work at JPL next Monday, but I am so glad he's got a few days to settle in before he starts. It's been an exhausting few weeks and doesn't promise to let up any time soon, especially since my better half will be gone 11 hours a day leaving me with two kids under 2 starting Monday. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, though - 6 months from now when I'm an expert at juggling two kids and we're settled in a new house that is all our own!

Oh yes, feel free to congratulate our brand spankin' new Dr. Woolley! Jeremy, Chloe, and I are sooo proud of him! He's worked really hard, and we're so happy for him to have completed his degree. His dissertation is titled "Endgame Strategies for Planetary Moon Orbiters", and we will be happy to provide you with a copy if you should feel inclined to read it.

Ryan and his advisor, Dr. Scheeres


So, Woolley Family To-Do List....
have baby = check
get PhD = check
move to CA = check
start job = almost check
buy house = almost check

It's a busy summer.

1 comment:

Kim Dyal said...

Congratulations all!!! That is wonderful news. Good luck on your house in California (I know how long short sales can be - mine took a year. Hopefully yours will be real soon.) Things are really falling into place for both of you - or - the four of you. :)