orking at LASP (a University research center) part time to pay for my PhD work. We moved in to a really nice condo in the up and coming town of Erie. It's about a 25 minute commute, but it's a beautiful drive. Since we only had one car I had one day to find an old junker so I could drive to school. I found a red 93 Geo Storm coupe that gets great mileage and has really low miles for its age. And it's a stick so Venessa "gets" to learn.It's really nice living in a place that we enjoy so much. It's definitely the nicest placed I've rented. It has granite counters, brand new black appliances, high ceilings, painted walls,
I've wasted no time since moving back in getting into the Colorado outdoors. I climbed my first 14er, Mt. Bierstadt, climbed back down, then back up to a lake at 12,000' to go fishing in the same day. Then 3 days later Venessa and I hiked in to Lost Lake to go fishing and eat lunch. And 4 days after that we went camping at Rainbow Lakes. We're trying to get as much in as we can before the snow comes and a certain little guy starts occupying all of our time.
Before leaving California I did a couple more backpacking trips with people from my family. The pictures from those beautiful trips can be seen here and here. My highlight was catching this 16" Rainbow trout out of the beautiful, remote Echo lake in the Eastern Sierra.
| From 8-15 Moonlight Lake Backpack |
No comments:
Post a Comment