So, I know this is really out of order, but I wanted to tell you guys what I gave Ryan for Father's Day back in June. First, I gave him a t-shirt with a picture of Ryan and Jeremy on the Log Jammer at Magic Mountain with the words "I love my daddy" underneath it. I thought he would think it was super cheesy, but he LOVED it! He said he's been wanting some "daddy" gear. He wears it all the time.
Anyways, I also got him a card with this inside:
Can you see what it says?
Remember that post a while back where I went to Disneyland with the girls? Well, that was the day before Father's Day. I found out I was pregnant on Thursday, and I was able to keep in from Ryan ALL day Thursday AND Friday!!! For those of you who know me well, you know I can't keep things from Ryan. I'm an open book, so this was a miracle.
Anyways, at Disneyland on Saturday, one of the girls (Bree maybe?) had the BRILLIANT idea (at 11 PM when we're all exhausted) of making a sign to hold up during a ride and then buying the picture (yes, I told a bunch of girls that I was preggars before telling my own hubby, but I was dying inside...I couldn't keep that a secret all day!). We were just getting off Space Mountain, so we asked the picture taker people if they had anything I could make a sign with. They scrounged around and came up with something; here is the masterpiece in the making.
We decided to go to Buzz Lightyear b/c there was no line and b/c the picture can be emailed to you for free. I went through it, and guess what? Instead of my picture, it showed a blank screen that said "No Image". So I went again. Again "No Image." I talked to the dude working the ride, and he said that you're not allowed to hold up signs, so the picture booth people were probably deleting it. He went back and talked to them to tell them to make an exception. It's about 11:30 by this point, but we tried one more time. Luckily, it worked! Third time's the charm, I guess.
Because of some freak traffic jam on the way home, Emma and I didn't get back until 3 AM!! Sweetheart that she is, Emma still printed the picture for me, so I could get it into Ryan's card for the next (well, that) morning.
So Ryan got that Buzz picture in his Father's Day card! I'll never forget his face. I couldn't have timed this more perfectly! All in all, Father's Day was a very exciting day, and we are very excited to be having a third baby!
Currently I'm about 14 weeks along, and I've been much sicker this time. I ended up telling quite a few people that see me regularly that I was pregnant a little earlier than I'd intended for the simple reason that I didn't have the energy to pretend I felt good.
Our baby is due February 28th! Next year is Leap Year, so maybe we'll get a leap year baby. You never know; Jer was a day late! But Chloe was 2 1/2 weeks early, so I doubt it. We're more likely to get a Valentine's Day baby.
Everyone asks me what I think the sex of the baby is. I initially pictured a boy, but EVERYONE thinks it's gonna be a girl. I mean EVERYONE - my dad, Cara, Daddy Freddy, Lynn, Ryan, and even Jeremy. Every single time I ask him if there's a girl baby or a boy baby in mommy's tummy he says "GIRL BABY!" Maybe that's just b/c he has a sister. It's the first pregnancy where Ryan and I have had different feelings about what the baby's sex is. The first thing I asked when they did the first trimester ultrasound was "There's just one in there, right?" (What if there'd been one girl and one boy, so Ryan and I were both right?) Don't worry, there's just the one!
Oh yeah, here's another funny pic from Disneyland that I can post now that lil junior is public.



1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to participate in this epic Father's Day gift. What a fun time!
P.S. LOOK! I commented on your blog :) Miss ya!
Post a Comment